Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's Good Luck!



That's what the old wives say, anyway. I've always sort of felt like the old superstition "It's good luck when it rains on your wedding day" is really just something people say to make you feel better if it does. It's supposed to be a sign of fertility and abundance, which is good luck to a new marriage I guess; thought I think we've already got that one covered!
Anyway, if it is good luck, then we're REALLY really lucky - because it friggin POURED on our wedding!
Serious torrential downpour, thunder & lightening, wind - the whole deal. However, it only lasted through the ceremony and fortunately moved away and left the party dry.
I refused to let the rain bother me. The only thing it could have ruined was my attitude, and since I stayed happy and relaxed, it was just another detail of our amazing day!

No comments: