Monday, June 27, 2011

And They're Off! Almost...

Whoop, there it is!
It's time to go... almost.
We planned to leave today, knowing in our heads that we'd really probably leave on Tuesday. We were in good shape to go, but then several things happened to slow our progress. Namely, as I was readying for bed last night, I managed to drop my brand-new cell phone out of my pocket and into the toilet.
That's right, folks, my week-old phone was completely submerged, and now doesn't work at all. I went back to the store today only to find out that the phone I paid $30 last week is now $250 because I didn't get the $10-a-month service plan. Ouch!
Needless to say, I didn't get another new phone. Screw that. I didn't like the phone that much anyway. I'll try to find something used in Colorado, or go without for a bit. Whatever.
At this moment the baby is snacking on string cheese (his favorite snack, but also very appropriate, considering...) Russell is making some food for the trip, and I'm writing to you, dear followers.
The car is about half packed. We keep having to make cuts and decisions. Russell has packed and re-packed the car about 3 times, trying to find the best solution. Tomorrow the BOB stroller goes on the roof - that'll solve a lot of the problems.
The house is mostly cleaned up, the laundry is done, and the last odds and ends are getting stowed. We plan to take off sometime in the early morning, once we wrap it all up here.
Our first stop is in West Virginia; we're camping at Kanawha state park for a night. Can't wait to see some misty mountains! Delightful.
I probably will get to post once more before Electric Forest - I'll have photos up for you if I can.
Much love! Wish us luck and happy trails. Adventure awaits!

No comments: