Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sleepy...

Last night was our first really tough night with Orion. He's apparently got his days and nights mixed up; in any case, he gets really alert around 10-11PM and stays that way until around 2-3AM. Initially I just sat up and watched some TV while I nursed and played with him, but around 1:30 he got too fussy for that anymore and I was up walking and bouncing him, trying to get the burps out. We gave him some catnip and tried to get him settled, to no avail. So it was back to the bath tub for me, as I might as well be relaxing if I'm going to be up all night. Orion does mellow out some in his bouncy chair by the tub, assuming I have the exhaust fan on and keep a hand on the chair to keep the bounce going. Back to bed and he was still fussing and crying, so it was a nurse/burp/bounce marathon until around 4AM, when I finally got to sleep. And then up again at 7, and 9, and 11... I could still be in bed, but we wanted to get some time in with Mom before she has to leave later on today. Of course the little goober is sound asleep now. My thought is to get up him and not let him sleep for a few hours before bed time in an attempt to start shifting his schedule. We'll see if that works; after all, he is the boss.

No comments: