Friday, June 18, 2010

Orion's Big Night Out


Weaver Street Market is an excellent little natural foods co-op in Carrboro, which is sort of like a conjoined twin with a slightly different personality to Chapel Hill. The Weave, as we affectionately call it, has a nice lawn out front and they host a music shindig on Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings. We finally managed to get out of the house and to the happenings last night, and we were really glad that we did.
Not only did we see a lot of our friends, but we also met quite a few new folks. Turns out having a cute little baby makes one particularly popular, and folks were coming up to us all night to meet Orion. He was quite the little star!
We also got some good time in with Kevin, my dad, and he was quite the proud grandpa, carrying Orion around and introducing him to his many friends at The Weave.
Orion, of course, managed to sleep through almost the entire evening of live outdoor music, dinner, and conversation (part of the reason I ended up awake with him most of the night, I suppose). Music seems to lull him and he's just not at all perturbed by people. I even nursed him for a very short while out on the lawn, but he didn't stay up long for that before conking back out.
Russell and I felt really good about getting out of the house for a while and getting so much social time in. We hatched plans with some of our friends to get together and do some art and sewing projects, which I am looking forward to, of course! There's always so much stuff to be made, and I sure have a wealth of stuff to make stuff with! Speaking of which, I may try to do some sewing today if the little man will let me, but it's really always up to him!

1 comment:

Becky said...

What fun.

When he's old enough be sure to help him learn some basic sewing. It's much better than the duct tape pants hem fix my son favored for a while!