Saturday, May 29, 2010

Russell is a Good Daddy


Russell has really been enjoying having a baby boy to love!
He has been wonderful during the long nights, changing Orion and burping him while I nurse. But he's also had a lot of fun playing with the cloth diapers, especially the set of all-in-one Tiny Tushies diapers that my mom brought home today. He likes picking out clothes for him, too - today he matched the socks to the outfit he chose, which he also picked out at the Red Hen - brown pants with a brown and blue striped shirt with Winnie the Pooh on it. He likes to carry Orion around or wear him in the Ergo carrier. He loves for Orion to be on one shoulder and me on the other to sleep, with his whole little family in his arms.
The other day in Laurel's office, we were surrounded by folks from the Wellness Alliance in Carrboro, and another young mother said it was "good to see a loving daddy." Granted that says a lot about her experience; however, I feel like that's an experience that many women and children are sadly accustomed to. There aren't really a lot of men like Russell out there, and I count myself extremely lucky.
The real crowning example of Russell's devotion to his son occurred today, when Russell was sitting with Orion in his arms. He was looking at our sleeping baby, and said he couldn't wait till Orion was a toddler, or various other ages. He then paused and looked at me to say, "I can't wait for every day of the rest of my life."
I couldn't help but smile at that. I have such a great partner.

No comments: