Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Russell is an Amazing Partner


Everyday I find new reasons to appreciate Russell, or am simply reminded of all the reasons that I love him so dearly.
For instance, today he had to miss work because he had a jury summons. He went up to Hillsborough for the court date, and they sent him right on home. This was somewhat frustrating, as he could have worked today and the loss of pay was no fun. However, he still had the option of going in for the afternoon - but he decided against it. Instead, he stayed home and did a bunch of cleaning, got the shipment of furniture from my grandmother situated, finished what was left of the unpacking, ran errands, went grocery shopping, and still found time to bring me lunch at work. I came home to a clean and uncluttered house. This would be nice for anyone to come home to on any day, but for me right now this was a huge relief. I've been so tired lately from lack of sleep and feeling really overwhelmed by everything. He understands that, but more so takes charge and does what I need him to do to help me feel more at peace. I can't thank him enough for that. I always feel secure and well cared for with him, and it's made a really huge difference in my life. A lot of the anxieties that I've struggled with for years just don't come up in this relationship. They no longer have any power. That is nothing short of life-changing.
He's so caring and in tune with me and the world we try to make for ourselves... I can't think of or imagine a better partner for myself. I'm so excited that he and I are having a baby together, and I know Orion will always have an awesome dad. That also means a lot to me.
I try to find ways to reciprocate and show Russell how much I love and appreciate him. This entry is one of them... I hope it has the desired effect!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Sachi and Russell! I am so happy for you! Welcome Orion!!