Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wind Farms!




We've had a crazy couple of days, but I'm still going to try to go in some sequence with my storytelling! Suffice to stay, we're still doing well, if carless, and hanging out in Colorado with my mom and David!
Anyhoo... We left Des Moines and got on the road to Nebraska. On the way there we went through some rainy weather, which also coincided with our cruise through some big wind farms! Yay, sustainable energy! They look so graceful turning in the wind... I took a lot of photos through the moving car window, in hopes of getting a few good ones. One of the coolest aspects of being in a part of the country where there are windmills all over is the presence of the windmill arms on the highway. We saw several trucks toting the individual blades. Up close they are so strong and swift looking. The long sweep of the blade made me think of seagulls on the wing... Very inspiring!

No comments: